Promote High-Quality Care and Empower Patient-Centered Decision-Making
KCP is also committed to maintaining the value-based purchasing system within the Medicare ESRD program, now known as the Quality Incentive Program (QIP). To learn more about QIP, click here.
We believe that quality metrics need to be meaningful to patients – measures that actually matter. To promote this fundamental principle, we established the Kidney Care Quality Alliance to include representatives from all members of the kidney care community in the process of measure development. Our members also actively participate with the National Quality Forum, which the Congress has as the “gold standard” for measure development. We believe it is critically important that quality measures accurately represent the quality being provided and continue to express our strong belief that measures that the NQF has rejected as not meeting the scientific criteria for measure development.
To further increase the quality of care that is covered by public and private payors, KCP supports efforts to improve patient outcomes and reduce Medicare spending by incentivizing coordinated care. Working together, dialysis facilities, nephrologists, and other
- Comments on the CY 2022 Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule (August 26, 2021)
- Comments on the “Medicare Program; Modernizing and Clarifying the Physician Self-Referral Regulations” Proposed Rule (December 20, 2019)
- Letter on the End Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System Technical Expert Panel (December 20, 2019)
- Comments on Changes to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) in the Proposed Pule for the Physician Fee Schedule (PFS) Proposed Rule (September 27, 2019)
- Comments on the provisions of the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System Proposed Rule that pertain to the Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs) and the Transplant Centers (September 27, 2019)
- Response to Kidney X Request for Information #1 (September 11, 2018)
- Alternative Payment Model (APM) and Advanced Alternative Payment Model (AAPM) Letter to Andrew Slavitt, Acting Administrator, CMS (August 22, 2016)
- Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Model (APM) Incentive Under the Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule Letter to Andrew Slavitt, Acting Administrator, CMS (June 27, 2016)
- Revisions to Requirements for Discharge Planning for Hospitals, Critical Access Hospitals, and Home Health Agencies Proposed Rule Letter to Andrew Slavitt, Acting Administrator, CMS (December 21, 2015)
- Advance Notice of Methodological Changes for CY 2016 for Medicare Advantage Rates, Part C and Part D Payment Policies Call Letter to Sean Cavanaugh, DeputyAdministrator, CMS (March 5, 2015)
- IMPAQ Technical Expert Panel (TEP) Measure Development process for the Comprehensive ESRD (CEC) Initiative Letter to Patrick Conway, M.D., Deputy Administrator for Innovation and Quality (March 28, 2014)